Saturday, January 2, 2010

Tricking out an RR to make it look like a GS

Well, that isn't the real intent.  Even though I drool over the GS' and want one I know that I won't add one to the arsenal any time soon.  What I really want right now are the handguards from the GS for this wimpy winter riding here in the South.  I know there are many adventure riders out there that would scoff at the mere 40 degrees that I am riding in.  But those guards sure do help with the wind, allowing me to continue wearing my summer gloves instead of wearing the bulky winter gloves.  At least I can wear the summer gloves a little longer.

A few people have helpful instructions for installing the GS guards on the RR.  I seem to have a slight problem with mine and they will require a little more fabrication to utilize the handlebar brackets.  But they are currently zip-tied to the brake and clutch lines.  I worried about how solid they would be.  No need to worry about that at all.  They are immovable. 

How are they?  That little ride I took yesterday started at 41 degrees, reached 50 degrees for about 30 minutes, and came back to 41 degrees by the time we reached home.  And those guards are WONDERFUL!!  I wore my GS summer gloves and was able to ride with the grips on low on streets and highways.  We even hit some strong side winds knocking the bikes around and barely felt the cold on my hands.  Love 'em, love 'em, love 'em!!


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment