Saturday, February 11, 2017

Virginity Lost. Glass Ceilings Shattered.

Savannah 2/17

I’ve now ridden Oilburner’s RT for 300 miles and learned to ride with a pillion.  Minds appropriately blown?  I’ve learned that riding two up isn’t quite as difficult or scary as I had always made it to be in my mind.  I’ve learned the joys of getting a back massage while riding.  I’ve learned how much fun it is to lean back and put my hand on his knee while cruising down the highway.  I’ve partaken of the schadenfreude of passing a couple on a Harley, with his arm candy riding bitch…and me thinking of mine.  I’ve let the little devil inside out when I quickly gunned the throttle and released it so that his helmet knocked into mine.  I’ve had the GREAT laugh of knowing EXACTLY when he turned the passenger heated seat on (14 miles from home) and he couldn’t figure how I knew.

I miss my Big Red bike.  We haven’t ridden since Christmas.  Hopefully I will get to ride it soon.  But the sacrifice is worth it right now.  I’m happy to help Oilburner to get out as well.  It may only be one night, but a ride to Savannah was absolutely necessary.  We may not do much while here, but just the act of getting here was the best.  Remember, it isn’t about the destination, it’s the journey.  The backroads home will be calling our names.

Savannah 2/17 Savannah 2/17 Savannah 2/17

6 comments:

  1. You ever feel like coming all the way out here, you're welcome....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That has been my precise thought just about every. single. day!!

      Delete
  2. Nice! Glad to see you two out on the bike and how very cool that you are riding with Chris as pillion. I could never venture to do that with Troubadour. I don't think he could handle being on the back and we'd probably fall right over, so good on ya!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. You could if you had to. You are so strong. And that is where we are. If I wanted to go riding, that was the way. It was a huge learning experience or me. Confidence building. And it was a great weekend!!

      Delete
  3. Well done! I have been riding with a pillion once (it was an emergency because my riding buddy's bike had broken down), but never felt comfortable enough to make it a regular event.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, it is unsettling. I have been avoiding it for so long. It was nice to do it and realize it is possible.

      Delete